Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My New (to me) 307 has an alarm that emits a loud parp on the horn on the second press of the key, just wondered if I can turn the parp off but the alarm still be on if you get my drift:eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that,
well all I know is the guy I bought it from said a second press of the remote locking activates the alarm and I have pressure sensors on the front door pillers.

The handbook does not mention anything about the second press or the parp:confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine beeps too i have never heard the alarm to be fair
Me neither, trouble is its bloody loud and I don't get home till after 1am sometimes so I'm gonna do some poking around tomorrow to see what works and what doesn't, I let you all know what I come up with, if anything:thumb:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I believe if you press the lock button once, you lock the doors. A second press of the lock button dead locks the doors. I have a separate remote for an after market alarm, which is sometimes a real pain if I forget to disable the alarm before unlocking the doors. :nono:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that Gibbo, the alarm works with just one press, obviously I'm not sure if the doors are deadlocked, how would a person tell??

·
11,961 Posts
When you press once it locks the doors. The second press is a deeper "thunk" noise.

You can check by putting your window down and locking the doors with the remote.

A single press means you can open the door from inside with the handle.

The second press (deadlock) means the handle won't open the door.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Gibbo
So I guess that means if I want to deadlock then I have to put up with the Parp:rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I was hoping to find out in my original post:thumb:

I don't have planet myself but may consider it if I need it enough, thing is I tend to go through cars pretty quickly and I'm not too fussy, I'll try anything once:nod:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts