Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to have an alarm fitted to my Pug 307 sport (56), I am looking at the Clifford 330 range as they are compatible with the remote and all the cars electrics. - I have seen the system for £95, but then want £300 to fit. Is it that complicated to fit ? Or do you know of another alarm system ? Thanks Matt.

C

·
0 Posts
Possibly not as insurers now recognise the manufaturers alarm and immobillisers are decent enough. If its a CAT1 then yes the alarm itself is cheap but the labour is expensive as you are not only paying for the guy to wire it in but also the certificate to present to your insurance, with out this you may as well just leave it alone

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Colin, I only got the car the other day (307 1.6 sport 56 plate), I do not want some scumbag to borrow it so to speak. Already someone has nicked the cap to the aerial. Its more for my peace of mind, I have looked at so many websites for Alarms and prices vary so much for the same system. Thanks Matt

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks Colin, I only got the car the other day (307 1.6 sport 56 plate), I do not want some scumbag to borrow it so to speak. Already someone has nicked the cap to the aerial. Its more for my peace of mind, I have looked at so many websites for Alarms and prices vary so much for the same system. Thanks Matt
to be honest Matt I was born and raised in Liverpool and as the old Stereo type goes if its not bolted down then it will go missing up here :eek:. But seriously anything after about 1995 or so can't really be stolen without the keys hence the latest craze of people breaking into houses to remove keys or the crime of " Fishing / Bambooing where the crook uses a long stick through the letter box to remove the keys to your car. As like me you own a normal motor you should have to worry about this or being car jacked too much :D If you already have a factory fit Alarm and immobilliser then this should be enough to make sure she stays put over night when left unattended, but there are several things you can do to make it less attractive to a car thief these are :-

Fit a decent steering Lock ( Disc Lock perhaps )
Remove Phone / Sat Nav holders / chargers etc
Empty Glove box and leave open to show nothing in there
Don't leave coats / bags etc in there
Don't park in dark secluded alleyways etc

Do this and you should be fine :thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I never leave anything in the car, and with the sat nav I always clean the screen after so no sticky marks, and take it out of the car. My model does not have an alarm fitted, but would like to have one on it, that works with the Car remotes. Have seen systems for £65 that are CAN BUS which my car is. But one of the website mentions that you have to have the security enabled on the cars system. Have no idea what that means.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts