Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

having some strange issues with the alarm on my new 5008. Here are some things that happen that did not in previous cars I have owned:

• If I am alone and put petrol in the car, then open the driver door, the alarm goes off
  • if I am with the wife and put petrol in the car, once I open the driver door, the alarm goes off
and here's the really weird one from the other day:

- If I am driving the car, then stop the car and sit in it for 20 mins then open the door, the alarm goes off! That can't be right can it?

All very strange..

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi all,

having some strange issues with the alarm on my new 5008. Here are some things that happen that did not in previous cars I have owned:

• If I am alone and put petrol in the car, then open the driver door, the alarm goes off
  • if I am with the wife and put petrol in the car, once I open the driver door, the alarm goes off

- If I am driving the car, then stop the car and sit in it for 20 mins then open the door, the alarm goes off! That can't be right can it?

All very strange..
One question, do you have the optional Alarm system fitted to your car (with cabin monitoring etc...)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually showed them and they were stumped for a while then said I had to lock the car even if the missus was sitting in the passenger seat. Which is just weird. I am going back soon, will show them this issue again, was just wondering if others had encountered the same. Cheers denzel!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I actually showed them and they were stumped for a while then said I had to lock the car even if the missus was sitting in the passenger seat. Which is just weird. I am going back soon, will show them this issue again, was just wondering if others had encountered the same. Cheers denzel!
Ask them a simple question, if you had a child inside the car, would you have to lock the car to prevent the alarm going off?
If they say yes, first tell them they are a bunch of idiots and then ask for this in writing from Peugeot. That will put them in place.

·
Registered
820 Posts
With factory fitted alarm, there's a button that disables the volumetric (interior) sensor.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The sensors should not be active unless the car is locked which in turn sets the alarm im assuming from the OPs posts that if he goes for petrol he is NOT locking the car i certainly would not lock the car to put fuel in especially if someone is in the car !!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had this problem. Ended up just getting them to disable the alarm altogether.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good luck. I got fed-up of the alarm going off everytime I went to open the door after refueling.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hi all,

All very strange..
Is your car Keyless entry and Start?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

All very strange..
Hi, If you have keyless entry, use the button on the dash to the right of the steering wheel to switch off the volumetric alarm, that should stop the alarm going off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, If you have keyless entry, use the button on the dash to the right of the steering wheel to switch off the volumetric alarm, that should stop the alarm going off.
Thanks for answering. I shouldn't have to switch off anything though. There is a button in the button section that also unlocks the doors and alarms, not sure if you mean that but once you switch it off, then cut off the motor, it is reset so will not stop the alarm from going off.

The answer - after speaking to a colleague with a volvo - apparently is to leave the door ajar when putting in petrol. This means, the person still in the car is potentially cold, and subject to someone opening the door whilst petrol is being put in. I find that very hard to believe.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Thanks for answering. I shouldn't have to switch off anything though. There is a button in the button section that also unlocks the doors and alarms, not sure if you mean that but once you switch it off, then cut off the motor, it is reset so will not stop the alarm from going off.

The answer - after speaking to a colleague with a volvo - apparently is to leave the door ajar when putting in petrol. This means, the person still in the car is potentially cold, and subject to someone opening the door whilst petrol is being put in. I find that very hard to believe.
The thing is, the alarm or any security system should not self activate until you actually lock the car using the key fob. Something is wrong there, you are correct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've never know any Peugeot alarm system be it factory fit OR the accessory ones that auto arm like this one is doing.

Peugeot alarms only arm when the car is locked by the remote fob.

I know the newer systems have auto re arm BUT that would require the driver to arm the system in the first place.

Either this alarm has a fault or its been installed / configured incorrectly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts