Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys for the past 3 nights my alarm has been going off for no reason, it hasnt happened during the day just night time. is there a way to alter the sensitivity of the alarm or lock the car without the alarm on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys does anyone have any idea what's causing this, it has happened every night so far but never during the day

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Not sure, could be vibration from passing truck, try wiping the contact pads on the sliding doors. Are the rear quarter windows open a touch? You can lock the car using the key in the drivers door handle, alarm is not set doing this.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Just realised most likely cause is the battery is on its way out given the evidence of it just happening during the night. The alarm thinks battery is being disconnected and sets off using its own built in battery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just realised most likely cause is the battery is on its way out given the evidence of it just happening during the night. The alarm thinks battery is being disconnected and sets off using its own built in battery.
I thought that but I thought I would try to kind of disable the motion sensors by using some good old duct tape and it didn't go off last night so it might be that, but what's the easiest way to check the battery mate

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Multimeter no good to test battery you need a proper load test to determine its condition. If alarm problem solved I would not bother especially if engine starts OK if car unused for a week or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure, could be vibration from passing truck, try wiping the contact pads on the sliding doors. Are the rear quarter windows open a touch? You can lock the car using the key in the drivers door handle, alarm is not set doing this.
We live in a cul de sac so definitely no trucks mate but I'll check the contact pads but it's not gone off with the tape over the sensors
Multimeter no good to test battery you need a proper load test to determine its condition. If alarm problem solved I would not bother especially if engine starts OK if car unused for a week or so.
Yeah if its working OK I'm going to leave it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts