Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I have just got a 1995 XLD i noticed yesterday that when the alarm is triggered the indicators and head lights flash but the alarm does not sound.

Also as i do not have a handbook can someone tell me what the button on the right-hand side of the steering column and the lock under the bonnet are for

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
When you say lock under the bonnet could you explain more , is it like a place you would insert a key? and explain the button ?

Any photo`s

S

·
0 Posts
The lock under the bonnet is usually for disabling the alarm system entirely, you may have a red topped key/dedicated that fits the lock? If not its possible its been lost somewhere along its lifetime!

And is it a peugeot standard alarm system?

My 95 used to use the horn as the alarm sounder (was awesome when i fitted airhorns to it :lol:) does your horn work?

If it is a separate alarm sounder i've heard reports of these failing due to battery issues, they can be picked up at breakers for around £15-20 these days

Can you have a scout about and see if you have a separate alarm sounder unit

And the button near the ignition is for turning off the ultrasonic sensors in the car, for if you are leaving the windows down a bit or the dog in there :thumb:

sorry about all the Q's, gotta be sure though havent you! :lol:

P.S welcome to the forums

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Stubbo for the info about the button and the lock under the bonnet and i have the key that fits this lock

As for the alarm.
It is a peugeot standard alarm system.
The horn still works i will look for the sounder when i get back off holiday next week
What would i be looking for and where :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Unfortunately i'm not too sure where they hide the sounder as i didnt have a separate one

The horn is underneith/behind the bumper on the passenger side, maybe they stash the sounder there as well?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts