Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 307SW 90HP.I want to instal alarm.In various wireing diagrams i have found that fuse 16 and 23 are related to alarm connecting.Does this mean that i have to break these fuses/lines to prevent car to start?I am talking about fuses in car cabin.Can someone give simple thoughts which lines to break when alarm is on to prevent car to start?Also if someone knows i would like to know how to turn car horn on (as alarm is doing).....Where to short or what to power to do that?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
An original alarm would have it's own ecu which communicates over the Van or Can network (Van or Can depends on the age of the car). To fit an original alarm all the necessary cabling would need to be in place and would be a matter of fitting the bits to the car, plugging in and enabling the alarm using Peugeot Planet. The Peugeot alarm will have it's own seperate siren

An after market alarm would have the necessary instructions for fitting and would probably entail connecting wires from the alarm to the indicators. Breaking into the horn circuit wouldn't necessarily be required as it will also have a siren if it is a decent one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Same instructions about car wireing will be very helpfull here.I designed my alarm circuitry and i made it.I have all sensors working and i want to integrate it in car instalation.Most important to me is what line to break to make car unusable.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
The car is already unuseable without a key that is programmed to the car so unless you have bypassed the immobiliser then I don't see the point. Most alarms that have a siren or sound the horn are pretty inefective as people are so used to car alarms going off without anyone attempting to break in that they just ignore it and grumble that the noise is disturbing them. What you seem to be trying to achieve is just duplicating what Peugeot has already put in place.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without knowing of exactly what i made and what i want to achieve you are right.But your are not.I made something that people in Peugeot didnt make so far.What they made is possible to bypass this what i am making is impossible to break.I just need simple instruction about what fuse should be out to make car unusable when someone has the key which can start the car.....or tools to break security and start the car.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Without knowing of exactly what i made and what i want to achieve you are right.But your are not.I made something that people in Peugeot didnt make so far.What they made is possible to bypass this what i am making is impossible to break.I just need simple instruction about what fuse should be out to make car unusable when someone has the key which can start the car.....or tools to break security and start the car.

I beg to differ. If you break into a wire or remove a fuse then all someone has to do is reconnect the wires or fit a fuse and it's back to stock. The Peugeot immobiliser will prevent the engine from starting unles a) you have the programmed key or b) the immobiliser has been disabled by mapping the ecu. Both of these are harder to achieve than a simple reconnection of a wire or replace a fuse.

I tend to take the claims of someone who says he can build something better than anyone else with a pinch of salt. The people who design the immobilisers fitted to modern cars have to design them to a standard. Has your design been certified to equal or exceed these standards ?

Do you really think anyone is that desperate to steal a 307 that it needs additional bespoke unbreakable (which yours doesn't apper to be) security??
If they wanted it that bad they would simply winch it on to the back of a truck and work on it elsewhere.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant share details.Sorry.I understand what you said.Its all good.I worked on something to prevent all situations you mentioned.I asked for simple info and thats all i need in this thread.This is not thread about my concept and what i made and i cant go that way in this discussion.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I have the information you require BUT I went out and found it then paid money for it. Sorry but I also can't share the details in this instance. By the way, you are not the only person who has electronics qualifications. I also have them and I'm pretty sure there are others - probably trustme has considering he repairs things like COMMs units. Nor are you the only individual who has designed and built electronic items.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am a professional with 20 years of expirience in DESIGNING of electronics.I decided to make something for my car so i did that.I have found all info in last few hours without paying.Paying is also not a problem if there is something that i need.Thank you for your time.I expected that someone will share simple informations about which wire is doing what.....that didnt happen and its all fine.Now i dont need any help.

I am not pointing to "ME;ME;ME AND ONLY ME" and to my qualifications also.....I asked simple question and sheared info that i personaly designed something.Thats it.I have respect for all who are engineers (electrical,mechanical etc).One thing is to share common things and other to share personal design which is inovative.We will stop here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts