Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AL4 transmission is complaining about the "line pressure" or somesuch (I forget the exact wording), but googling suggests that replacing two solenoid valves in the transmission will do the trick. There are some new and improved model of solenoids from Borg Warner (part 2574.16) that should be installed, but these also require updating the transmission ECU.

My question is if it's possible to have the solenoids replaced, and then drive (carefully) to the dealer's and have the ECU updated? And/or can the transmission ecu be updated using a "pirate" PP2000?

Also, on ebay etc. I can find this part at about 1/10 of the price at the local dealer. Should I be worried that these might be "fakes" or somehow inferior?

Thanks,

·
Registered
9 Posts
al4

Hi,

It appears you're a little further down the road of diagnosing your al4 issues than we are. From what i understand the difference in the solenoids is that the new borg warner ones are made of plastic inside rather than metal to prevent seizure from small metal particles. I dont know whether you can do it then drive to the dealer or not though (but all extra info is good i guess?)

I've been trying to understand lexia/Peugeot planet etc and i dont know the differences - have you found out anything more? I'd happily flash the ecu if i knew i had the correct software etc.

Ours is a fiat Ulysse rather than an 807 but it seems identical and was apparently made in the same factory as the 807.

apparently the 807 was most unreliable car for several years running... good eh?

Rich

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i gave up on doing it myself and gave it to a autotransmission garage. He changed the soleniods (and suggested they were already the borg-warner ones on my 2004 model, so no SW update strictly necessary). Unfortunately there was also some problem with the actual gearbox (worn out "brake band" or somesuch), so he had to take out the box and rebuild it more or less, which I'm waiting for now. It's not cheap... :nono:

·
Registered
9 Posts
ouchies - fingers crossed it isnt too bad :(

I think if our one gets to that stage I may attempt a rebuild myself with my dad or it'll be the torino tin heap for this fiat.

I cant believe Peugeot et al got away with selling a gearbox they knew to be defective for so long. It's only when youve got it and its not working you look it up unfortunately...

Rich

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think perhaps if it'd been serviced sooner the rebuild would not have been necessary. The "serviced for life" thing is really what is ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts