Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i' m after a bit of advice regarding 307 aircon.
I had it re-gassed, it lasted 3 weeks. Had it re-gassed lasted a week. i was told it may need diagnostic's.
Cannot see any sign of leaks but the compressor is not engaging. Was thinking maybe the pressure switch is at fault,
i have the diag. connector but cannot get pp2000 or diagbox to work :(

·
Registered
369 Posts
When it was re gassed the second time did they tell you how much gas was left in the system?
If it was low there is a leek. Did they add dye to your system? (most good places do) if so get them to check for the leak but it’s probably the condenser that has gone. Mine lasted a few days and I could identify the leak until I removed the condenser and even then it was a tiny leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link Gibbo.
i'll keep that in mind, although as an ex mechanic and pc owner since 93 i'd like to solve both problems myself if possible :)
rbaz they said they could not find a problem with it the second time so I presume the gas was ok.
They kept the car for 6 hours to check for leaks so again I presume if they watched it for 4-6 and spotted no leak/change yet it only lasted 168 hours!
It was a Renault garage so they had no software.:confused:

·
Registered
369 Posts
If it did work after they had it it will be low on gas. I would put money on it being the condenser that has a tiny leak in it. As soon as the gas gets low the pressure switch will cut the compressor.
Only way to know for sure is to hook it up to some gauges. (the garage you had it done at should do this for free)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are condensers known for leaks?
Is it at the side of the rad?
Yes if there is a leak in the system probably the condenser but check all the pipework first and around the compressor look for oil on the pipes you should be able to check it right up to the firewall.
The condenser is directly in front of the radiator so it gets all the stones and flies first :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts