Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's,
I have had my Pug for about a year and a half now and for a while whenever I turn the air con on I get a funny smell from the vents like a stagnant smell which isn't pleasant!
I was wondering if anybody knew what it could be!
Thanks!

·
Registered
909 Posts
You could try changing your cabin filter, will cost around £5 ish. Also check that you have no leaves blockig your vents into the car, and check your drains too.

·
Registered
369 Posts
When was your last regas done?
If the drain pipes are clear, filters clean and the system is fully gassed and regularly used it shouldn't smell. In my experience the air bombs etc just mask the problem and its usually down to needing a regas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a common problem with air con units and I also had it with my 207 1.6 vti sport. The problem is caused by bacteria growing in the condenser. Because it's damp and dark in there it will always be a problem. I've tackled it by spraying Dettol disinfectant spray directly into the air intake while the air con is running on full. It seems to have solved the problem for now and at £2.99 a can it's not a bad fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC Drain Pipe Location

Hi, I haven't seen water coming out under my car for a while now and the weather is hot and humid. Also the vents smell badly when starting the car up. I suspect the AC drain pipe is clogged. Does anyone where the location of this pipe is and how to unclog it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts