Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with cabin cooling during the recent hot spell? Mine is set to 'low' but just blows warm air out in N or S mode. Does this EV have a gasification system like an ICE car? My previous Renualt Zoe always cooled the cabin in hot weather.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with cabin cooling during the recent hot spell? Mine is set to 'low' but just blows warm air out in N or S mode. Does this EV have a gasification system like an ICE car? My previous Renualt Zoe always cooled the cabin in hot weather.
Do you have your car in "Eco" drive mode?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried all modes. I've since been advised to put air recirculation on to stop warm air entering from outside of the cabin. Next time we get to 25deg.+ I'll give that a try. Finger's crossed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried all modes. I've since been advised to put air recirculation on to stop warm air entering from outside of the cabin. Next time we get to 25deg.+ I'll give that a try. Finger's crossed.
Ah, definitely worth giving that a try. I always use recycle mode with A/C (even in old cars). It defeats the purpose of having A/C if it is pulling in air from outside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outside temperature 22 today so after opening all the windows for 5 minutes to let the warm air out then closed them and set temp to low, put on ACmax with recycle only to see the cabin temperature rise to 27. This can't be right. They won't sell many of these EV's on the continent if it can't chill below 20. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Am I missing something?
Clearly, yes. I’ve been out with the temp showing over 30 degrees and it has been cold in the cabin. Prob around 18.

something is either broken or you’re not doing something right.

first off... opening windows will completely negate any work the AC does. It is much much faster to cool down a closed box. Just like how you keep the fridge door shut to keep it cold.

where are you seeing the cabin temperature? The temperature read out on the left of the screen is the outside temperature.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Outside temperature 22 today so after opening all the windows for 5 minutes to let the warm air out then closed them and set temp to low, put on ACmax with recycle only to see the cabin temperature rise to 27. This can't be right. They won't sell many of these EV's on the continent if it can't chill below 20. Am I missing something?
This seems like a good guide to follow for getting the best from your AC. Summer special: The best way to use your car's AC - Overdrive

How long are you waiting for the temp to cool down?

Incidentally, I have never had to run with ACmax on. I just leave it on auto and adjust the temperature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clearly, yes. I’ve been out with the temp showing over 30 degrees and it has been cold in the cabin. Prob around 18.

something is either broken or you’re not doing something right.

first off... opening windows will completely negate any work the AC does. It is much much faster to cool down a closed box. Just like how you keep the fridge door shut to keep it cold.

where are you seeing the cabin temperature? The temperature read out on the left of the screen is the outside temperature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We took a digital thermometer with us to make comparisons and held it up to the air vents. The windows were kept closed for 10 minutes until we could bear it no longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ah, definitely worth giving that a try. I always use recycle mode with A/C (even in old cars). It defeats the purpose of having A/C if it is pulling in air from outside.
Using recycle mode is recommended only for short period of time. You are not getting the fresh air otherwise, and just using the old one which you breath and in time there is less oxygen in it. Windows also are know to become misted when using this mode for longer period.

@Stubber
Do you feel cold air coming out of the vents? If not, something is wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We took a digital thermometer with us to make comparisons and held it up to the air vents. The windows were kept closed for 10 minutes until we could bear it no longer.
I'd suggest at this point that you speak to your dealer as clearly something is wrong and no one here can possibly fix that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts