Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now then,

I have just got myself a 308 GT line on a 15 plate.
The query I have is that does the Aircon blow out chilled air? whatever I do I cannot get it to. I had the same on the previous 308. Am I being a numpty and not using the settings properly or does it only pump out air at the "Lo" temperature?

The other half has a Mini and her aircon is like a fridge, so she reckons mine's bust. But surely cannot have had two bust cars in a row?

I know the gas is the new ultra expensive stuff which hardly anyone does.

Also apologies if this is answered already.

Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that,

I must have had similar fault on the old one...

Have rung garage and awaiting call-back. Should be under warranty I reckon.

Scott

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hope it is in warranty for your sake.
Mine certainly blows out chilled air, maybe not as cold as I have known on some other cars. But enough.

My wife complains if she has cold air blowing out at her anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 14 plate Active also blows nice ice cold air when just using the Auto setting. I usually have it set somewhere between 18 and 19.5/C.

I had to get mine sorted though (turns out there was a hole in the condenser), so the gas leaked out.
I got it fixed under my extended warranty. Which was lucky as it would've been over £600 otherwise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it possible that the system is needing re-gassed? Or a leak in the a/c perhaps?

Can you hear the a/c compressor coming on when you switch the a/c on?

I always thought that noticeable a/c compressors coming on could be a sign the system is having to work harder than normal and there could be an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear All,

Back to garage, hour and a bit later regassed with the new expensive gas and now like a fridge (just in time for autumn/winter). Under warranty so hurrah!

thanks for all your advice.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts