Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

2014 Allure Pug 308. The aircon is blowing cool but not cold. I noticed when pressing the AC switch the fan speed decreased a little, however the vehicle was stationary. I was going to get regased however I am wondering if it could be something else?
How I check the compressor is working?
Could the cabin filter be blocked?

Thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Can you hear any sort of 'hissing' sounds coming from anywhere while the AC is on?

I just recently got my 2014 308's air con fixed and mine had leaked out rather slowly since last summer when it was gassed from purchasing it.

Turns out the problem was a small hole in the condensor.
All been replaced now and so far :)bow:) it's been working fine.

It wasn't cheap (for the warranty company) to get it sorted though at £600+.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
That's not good though, if there were no leaks, you shouldn't need the gas topping up after barely 4 years.

Has yours got this new coolant gas, the propane based one? If so how much did the regass cost roughly?

·
Registered
899 Posts
That's not good though, if there were no leaks, you shouldn't need the gas topping up after barely 4 years.

Has yours got this new coolant gas, the propane based one? If so how much did the regass cost roughly?

I agree. When mine was checked it seemed it was a known fault for cars of this age.

Did you get the check done at you local Peugeot dealer?....or some other place?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive only had the car 6 months. It's possible the previous owner didn't use it, causing the gas the disappear they need to be used regularly to keep the gas active. Yes it's on the new system. £125

·
Registered
59 Posts

isnt the recommendation every 2 years?

only asking as mine is approaching 3 years and AC non existent, due to other signs i suspect a leak in system but have a fight just now on my hands, peugeot trying to charge 150 as a regas apparently due.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The gas is very expensive. I will see what happens no leaks could be found. I had it done my staykool in Derby.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I'm sure Peugeot would love you to pay them to recharge every 2 years. But it really shouldn't need it. However I haven't seen that suggestion before.
My old 307 had fully working air con when I sold it at 13 years old, never been touched.

Many fridges and freezers now have this new refrigerant fitted, do they stop working evey 2 years?

·
Registered
899 Posts
My wife's 2002 Peugeot 206 GT needed it's first re-gas last year when we noticed it had stopped cooling the air.

That was just a visit to F1 autocentres who did it for around £40.

From what my Peugeot engineer indicated it is a known problem with the new 308 and what he immediately suspected was in fact correct and the part was replaced and the system re-gassed. It was all covered by the warranty.

I hope I am wrong but I feel you may be back for another re-gas in the near future without having the faulty component being replaced.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will wait and see. If it goes it goes. I wouldn't pay hundreds for a new part I'll just use the windows. Also, just because it's well known doesn't mean all systems will fail.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
So long as it's a component, should be covered by the extended warranty I just bought. Though mine is working fine at the moment.

I wonder if there is a way to change the gas back to the old type?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts