Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya...
My AC is nearly always switching on everytime i get in the car...
Its a lil bit annoying, i was wondering if theres a simple fix for this..?
many thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
It was me who posted this literally two days ago. Worth searching the forums first ;)

Answer as above, annoying as hell but the way the digital air con is designed on the older pre 2005 models.

The only fix is replacing the digital with manual... and thats one hell of a task

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oooh... sorry guys... I did search aircon, but didnt come back with anything that looked like what i was looking for... must have missed it.
thanks for the answer though :)

i see that pp2000 can switch the air confrom manual to automatic to abcent... do you reacon switching it to manual in there would solve it..?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not unless you actually have the manual system as otherwise the automatic one will not work at all.

Worth looking into the manual dial option, but honestly I think it would be a big overhaul due to the rods needed opposed to electronic signals with the digital system.

If you are that bothered, I would personally get the later facelift 307 that has dual zone air con which works better than ours.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not so bothered i want to gut the car out no... but thought id ask as it was a bit bugging.

the dual climate... can that be added to ours..?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ive always been interested in doing it but there are two issues that would have to be overcome

Later system is rectangular while our old system is more circular at the bottom. To overcome this a new silver trim surround would be needed providing the unit actually fits in the old units place. Not sure really

The connections are different on the back on the later system. Not only are they different I believe there is another connector (3 in total opposed to just 2 on the older models). Therefore without manual modifications and understanding the full issues surrounding this it looks impossible.

I think the easiest option to be fair is replace your 307 or live with it like many of us have to :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts