Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the car this morning & the A/C set itself onto full power at 18degrees, both sides
Then a beep & "Ambient temperature sensor fault"

Ill get a sensor & fit it myself, but can someone tell me where the sensor is?
Thanks people
D

C

·
0 Posts
I think its behind the small lines in the trim above the glovebox
Think that's passenger side humidity sensor, mines been faulty for ages according to planet but doesn't stop aircon/heating working and it's never been logged as a fault by the car, plus dealer can't get replacements.

Whats the sensor in centre of dash in front of the grill for clearing the screen called???????

J

·
0 Posts
Isn't the one on the dash for the position of the sun or something.... is linked to air con, but don't know if it does temp too :confused:

I thought that what now turns out to be the humidity sensor (as now learnt ;)) would have been able to do both.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In the manual it's referenced as :-Temperature and humidity sensor.
But I can't see why that would make the aircon come on like that.
Could it be the external temp sensor thinking you have parked on the Sun :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wish mine would , I have a C5 est and my wife has a 307 sw the aircon on both now fails to work . Does the aircon stop working when the outside temp drops below a certain temp ? With two dogs we could do with it to dry the car out . As usual , all advice gratefully received .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Drove a few miles today, then the warning appeared again & the blower went to full & i watched the temperature on the MFD drop degree by degree, down to 18 :confused:

"Ambient air temperature sensor fault" on the MFD like last time

Also, its measuring the outside temperature perfectly fine.

J

·
0 Posts
Drove a few miles today, then the warning appeared again & the blower went to full & i watched the temperature on the MFD drop degree by degree, down to 18 :confused:

"Ambient air temperature sensor fault" on the MFD like last time

Also, its measuring the outside temperature perfectly fine.
Do you mean the temperature setpoint dropped degree by degree, or the outside temperature reading? If the setpoint, this is only changed by pressing the button... the button isn't stuck in by any chance?
BTW, the "temp" setpoint isn't directly related to temperature, and instead to comfort levels :nod:

Does the aircon stop working when the outside temp drops below a certain temp ?
Doesn't come on if temp is below 5degC :nod:

Cant you turn off the automatic aircon and just adjust the temp yourself?
All automatic does is control the speed of the fans and the air flow out of each outlet.... it doesn't adjust temperature settings at all :nono:

·
11,873 Posts
Think that's passenger side humidity sensor, mines been faulty for ages according to planet but doesn't stop aircon/heating working and it's never been logged as a fault by the car, plus dealer can't get replacements.
Mine was the same. I got a hoover and stiff paintbrush and cleaned the dust out of the sensor and that sorted it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The climate control system works absoloutly fine when the warning dosent come up.

Once the warning comes up, the temperature setpoint automatically goes down to 18degrees itself on both sides, and i cant turn it off or change the temperature. I never use the "auto" feature either :)

The outside temperature reading is correct.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts