Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 54 plate 2.0 petrol manual with an aircon problem.

I live in France, and i'm trying to find a piece for the Aircon. It is a pipe that goes from the condensor to the left of engine bay and around to the back of the engine bay and goes into the back of the dashboard. I don't know what it's called or where i could find a part number.

Long story short is that Peugeot charge a fortune in France for these things so i'm looking to buy the replacement online.

Also a diagram of the aircon system would helpme.

Kind thanks
Mark

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a look on ebay some of them have diagrams GENUINE PEUGEOT 407 508 CITROEN C5 (X7) C6 AIR CONDITIONING PIPE (NEW) 6477GT | eBay
Where in France are you?
You need to have it vacuumed down before re gassing and ideally change the drier (but that probably means a new condenser)
Well the actual problem was changing the piece between the condenser and compressor. Then Peugeot said I'd need a new condensor. Their price was expensive so i bought the condensor from the internet. I bought this part and my new mechanic said i also needed pipe into the condensor because he had to cut it off due to being impossible to remove.

Nowhere online seems to have these pieces so its back to Peugeot to order the part.

I live in the south of france.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I find it very hard to believe the condenser to pipe fitting would be that badly corroded he had to cut them :confused:
I have never seen one and would imagine if it had been that bad the car would be in a right state.
Nowhere has the parts because they don't normally fail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
air con help

Just one other thing. If I bought the part in france would it still fit an English car? Meaning will everything in the engine bay be on the same side.

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just one other thing. If I bought the part in france would it still fit an English car? Meaning will everything in the engine bay be on the same side.

Thanks
Yes it will fit if you go of the part number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts