Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "clutch" section fell out of my 90bhp HDI Air Con compressor.

I have bought a replacement but had a thought about if the end clutch section could be removed from this and put into the existing one?

I only thought about this as, by removing the old unit, I would need to get a re-gas but, if I replaced only the end clutch section I could get away with retaining the charged system.

Can anyone confirm if this would be possible or just not worth the hassle?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I can't confirm what you want but will say don't dump the gas to the atmosphere, it's illegal with a possible prison sentance. Plus the gas is carcinogen (causes cancer)

I don't know what the part looks like you want to change (even though i have an HDi 90), but finf it hard to belive they would design something where if you pulled the pulled a rotating part out the gas would be lost.
Refridgerent gas is a strange thing, it will find the smallest of places to escape. To make something that would make for an easy escape of the gas seems ludicrous.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The bit that needs replacing (Clutch with bearing) would be on the far left of the picture below (This is not the actual image of the aircon pump, but does the job)

I also know that you can buy Aircon clutch kits, hence why I thought I could replace just this bit in situ without removing any pipes to preserve the charged system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ah, i see the misunderstanding. I though you meant removing the clutch would mean a refridgerent loss.

I am not sure how much room there is in situ but i doubt it's much.

Have sent a PM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts