Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, really nice to be a member of the forum after using it loads of times in the past for advice, which has usually solved my problems. However after spending about 10 days scouring forums, including this one, and hours chasing wiring, checking fuses and replacing possible faulty parts, I am at a total loss as to what to try next. Like I say I have read the how to fix blower thread and it hasn't helped. Here is my problem, I aquired a peugeot 307 rapier 2.0l hdi, with a snapped cam belt. i rebuilt the head including valves, rockers, hydraulic tappets, timing belt, water pump, auxillary belt and tensioner, after previous owner didnt want the bill.Now i have it running again, I have found that air con not working, heater blower not working, washer motor not working, engine runs on for few seconds after removing key and anti pollution light on, even after wiping with code reader. So far we have checked fuses for heater motor,checked wiring from heater motor to outside fuse box, checked the fan switch, replaced thermistor in blower housing, tested blower motor, works fine and changed headlight units due to burnt wiring. Really stuck as to what to try next any advice or ideas would be great, starting to think I'm never going to get there with it.
Adam

D

·
0 Posts
Have you 12v at the fan motor when engine is running? There should be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Quick response, have tested for this and no 12v at fan, this is what is really confusing me, as I have chased back wiring to box in engine compartment with multi plug, tested connections on multi plug, no voltage. Not sure if box acts as relay, or how to test it, without main dealer.
Adam

D

·
0 Posts
That is the engine bay fuse box. They do give trouble. Totally interchangeable with another one of the same level. That fusebox powers up pretty much everything so thats where id be starting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say interchangeable, does it have to be off another diesel Peugeot, or same model,year etc. I'm wondering, if this has already been replaced previously, as there's 12v at some pins that are unused, and no voltage at pins where there should be. Is there anyway of checking a number or code, I have noticed one on the box, to see if its the right one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aaahhh brilliant, thanks. I was dreading that it was coded or something. I'll try and get one on monday. Could this be the reason the engine is running on too or would this be something totally separate? everything that I have read has said its a fuel pressure regulator/switch, as its the p1138 code, but nobody has said where it is locate whether its on the fuel pump or rail!
many thanks Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts