Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the gear stick/gear selection is starting to get a bit stiff on my 307 hdi 90, looking on here there is some post about giving the gear linkage some lube however I need to remove the airbox, can some kind person give me a guide to the removal of airbox please? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
You'll need to jack the car up, get it on stands, remove the pipework in and out (top and bottom), remove any electrical guff. You can also remove the bracket if that makes access easier. Jacking the car up makes it 10 times easier for me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll need to jack the car up, get it on stands, remove the pipework in and out (top and bottom), remove any electrical guff. You can also remove the bracket if that makes access easier. Jacking the car up makes it 10 times easier for me!
Thanks Jimmy, I was hoping I could remove it from working under the bonnet only. It was the bottom pipe that I could not see how to get off.

·
11,711 Posts
Airbox as in air filter housing?

Unscrew big jubilee clip behind MAF. Push the concertina type pipe back.

Unclip MAF electrical connector.

Lift air box out and twist.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Airbox as in air filter housing?

Unscrew big jubilee clip behind MAF. Push the concertina type pipe back.

Unclip MAF electrical connector.

Lift air box out and twist.
Yes I think, I believe thats the part to remove and make room to lube the gear linkage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know how much the cables cost, sorry. It will take a couple of hours and requires a bit of contortionism but within a diy mechanics scope.

Roger.
Thanks Roger.Things on this front have taken a turn for the better!!, The stiff gear problem was corrosion at/around the gear stick under the cover part, I gave it a good coat of spray grease , The car does suffer from damp inside a bit from being parked at home in a outside shaded area, sometimes not used for several days at a time.

·
11,711 Posts
Over time (I'm talking ten years), the white grease that's used at the base of the gearstick can dry out. Even if others are not noticing a problem, lift off the gaiter and give it a spray, you'll be amazed at the difference!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts