Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My airbox rattles and vibrates on my 307 since changing the airfilter a while back..has anybody got any tips on how to stop it before i go mad applying foam tape everywhere lol

·
11,766 Posts
Have the plastic lugs on the back of the top of the air box been snapped off?

You can only change the air filter by removing the entire air box housing out of the engine bay.

It also helps to put a thin strip of duck tape on the bit of the air box which slides into the metal slot in the engine bay.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes one has broke off, it pinged off when i refitted the lid last time.

I might fabricate a replacement out of metal and bolt it to the box over the weekend? Will definitely give the clip sone duct tape action:thumb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Totally agree gibbo, the plastic seemed really hard and brittle - very cheap and nasty design. All it needed is two more screws in the back and it would have been miles better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have a airbox rattle too on my 1.6 hdi thought it was belts or pulleys but the airbox is vibrating,question..where the bottom of the air box sits it has two round pins that go in to a metal bracket should there be rubbers in the metal bracket to stop box vibrating ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I would like to remind you that I saw from the Post SEDRE CODE ACTIVATION you leave some a half year around, members without answers to their questions.
I am not your teacher Just noticed this fact
Thank you very much

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
hello I would like to remind you that I saw from the Post SEDRE CODE ACTIVATION you leave some a half year around, members without answers to their questions.
I am not your teacher Just noticed this fact
Thank you very much
I noticed this is a different thread than that you are posting about ,
Would you like to discuss your concerns with me ?
Start a new thread and I'll give you an answer to anything that is bothering you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had tie wraps round it really tight, made it a lot better but still a minor rattle. Im going to bolt two small angled brackets on tomorrow and fix this for good:thumb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fixed this for good today, very easy took me ten mins.

Self tapping upvc window screw straight through the top airbox clip, angled into the lower part of the box. The screw goes straight into the recess and doesnt go inside the box (wouldnt matter anyway) box together tight again, job done.

Peugeot shouldnt have been tight and put screws in the back from the off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My airbox also cluncks a little. Top brackets (nro 15 in attachment picture) are busted and it feels like its not connected from bottom at all to part 3 in picture. Is it even possible to see if the part 3 is also broken, it's in a very tricky position?

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
The old cable tie trick around the body of the airbox will keep it from vibrating. Or else drive a screw into one or two places to attach it to the manifold.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts