Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is this exactly?

Had my 2002 1.4 hdi 307 on diagnostics and it says there's an open circuit for the left airbag and left curtain airbag so I found this wiring diagram and traced the diagram for the left airbag and left curtain airbag which lead off the airbag and pretensioner unit but where is this unit?

Here is the wiring diagram I found

Peugeot 307 Complete Wiring Diagrams

·
Registered
158 Posts
The pretensioner is part of the seat belt unit, you'll find it at the base of the door pillar. Remove the plastic pannel running along the edge of the carpet, and then the pannel running up the door pillar.

·
5,631 Posts
Check the curtain bag connector rear of the car under roof lining. Had one with same faults (open circuit in production I think was PP error message).

I checked all seat connectors etc and they where fine could not understand from wiring diagram how curtain squib could only have one terminal but when I checked standard two pin plug.

if you unplug squib and then get short circuit error squib is faulty, you can also use 2 ohm resistor to simulate squib and see if fault clears

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you checked the connectors under the seat
Just this morning i was on the phone to an auto electrician and he said 90% of the time its the connectors under the seat so i removed the connectors and wired it back up but to no avail.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the curtain bag connector rear of the car under roof lining. Had one with same faults (open circuit in production I think was PP error message).

I checked all seat connectors etc and they where fine could not understand from wiring diagram how curtain squib could only have one terminal but when I checked standard two pin plug.

if you unplug squib and then get short circuit error squib is faulty, you can also use 2 ohm resistor to simulate squib and see if fault clears
Yeah I traced the wires and the passenger curtain airbag must have gone off before as all black where it touches the metal roof under the headlining so previous owner must have replaced it or something but the connector at the back has been wired in by joining the wires from the new curtain airbag to the existing wire in the loom.

Im not sure what you mean about the squib and it having one terminal when it should have a two pin plug! When i look at the connector plug on the curtain airbag its a small blue plug connecting into the metal bar of the curtain airbag at the rear of the car under the headlining.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

also, my error code is exactly that...."Permanent fault. Left airbag and left curtain airbag in production. Open Circuit"

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Yeah I traced the wires and the passenger curtain airbag must have gone off before as all black where it touches the metal roof under the headlining so previous owner must have replaced it or something but the connector at the back has been wired in by joining the wires from the new curtain airbag to the existing wire in the loom.

Im not sure what you mean about the squib and it having one terminal when it should have a two pin plug! When i look at the connector plug on the curtain airbag its a small blue plug connecting into the metal bar of the curtain airbag at the rear of the car under the headlining.
as a test for any airbags on the airbag system you can disconnect the airbag and bypass the wires using a 3.3 r resistor across the 2 wires and you could do this at any point in the airbags wires so if you disconnect the wire to the curtain airbag then using a resistor to join the wires further down to see if this cures it if it does then either faulty wire or faulty airbag

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

sorry im new to all this....just found out what the squib was! Im going to an auto electrician tomorrow so hopefully he can sort it as I dont feel confindent enough to mess with the airbags.

Its weird as when i bought the car nothing was wrong then two days later the airbag light pops up and the abs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts