Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 2007 307sw which while is in overall good condition the steering wheel has suffered the usual leather wear. Its not broken but all a bit baggy!

Finding a replacement in good order is tricky and would prob end up in a similar manner due to being of similar age/leather type etc.

Another option is to have the original recovered - something I may yet look into.

In the mean time I have picked up a good condition leather 407 wheel with a slightly sportier look/feel. I had hoped to swap the 307 airbag to the 407 as they are almost identical in shape but alas the fitting is different.
They do however appear to have the same two connectors from what I can tell (not taken mine off yet but compared to online images)

I'm assuming the wheel will fit the 307 spline BUT............

Will ECU/BSI throw a wobbly if I connect up the 407 airbag?

Not had courage to try as yet as in fear of running into problems.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Recently bought a 2007 307sw which while is in overall good condition the steering wheel has suffered the usual leather wear. Its not broken but all a bit baggy!

Finding a replacement in good order is tricky and would prob end up in a similar manner due to being of similar age/leather type etc.

Another option is to have the original recovered - something I may yet look into.

In the mean time I have picked up a good condition leather 407 wheel with a slightly sportier look/feel. I had hoped to swap the 307 airbag to the 407 as they are almost identical in shape but alas the fitting is different.
They do however appear to have the same two connectors from what I can tell (not taken mine off yet but compared to online images)

I'm assuming the wheel will fit the 307 spline BUT............

Will ECU/BSI throw a wobbly if I connect up the 407 airbag?

Not had courage to try as yet as in fear of running into problems.
it should be fine but if you try it and airbag light comes on put the original one back and it will go out again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts