Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 306 ,and its been in a bump and both air bags have gone off ,ive repaired the car but need to do the air bags ,ive bought the air bags and module in the centre consule ,what i need to know is how do you get the passenger air bag out and is there anymore parts i need ,and when they are fitted is that all i need to do or do i have to have the ecu reset, just as nuch info you could give me as i havent done this before many thanks paul

·
Registered
862 Posts
paul 36 said:
hi i have a 306 ,and its been in a bump and both air bags have gone off ,ive repaired the car but need to do the air bags ,ive bought the air bags and module in the centre consule ,what i need to know is how do you get the passenger air bag out and is there anymore parts i need ,and when they are fitted is that all i need to do or do i have to have the ecu reset, just as nuch info you could give me as i havent done this before many thanks paul

Cant quite remember the full story on these but the airbag ecu is meant to be replaced after a accident. what I can tell you is that if it does it needs to be programmed to the car a lot of these things arent plug and play.
One of the reasons for this apart from awkwardness on the manufacturers part is that all the options can be switched on when new in the ecu so say a certain car high spec model had side bags, curtain bags, etc etc then it comes set for all of that but if you have the normal joe blogs version of the car with say just a drivers & passengers airbag then these need to be switched off in the ecu and a lot of diagnostic tools simply dont do it.
First check I would do is see if it's a case of whether it can be rectified or whether it's a case of a new one.

you will have to replace the ECU as well.
this will have to be unlocked and configured to the car using suitable diagnostic equipment

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi

Hi Paul

I have the same problem. did you replace your airbags? was it hard to do it?
The curtain airbag has damaged and tored the roof lining. what did you do? did you replace the material? Where and how much did you get it for? please let me know what you did.

thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts