Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Peugeot 207 HDI 90 and for a while now I have had an issue with an airbag warning coming on when somebody is sat in the passenger seat.

When the seat is empty no warning message pops up, when somebody is sat in the seat the car makes a 'bleep' and this message pops up:

The passenger seat light also never shows up, this picture was taken with nobody sat in any seat and all seatbelts unplugged, as you can see the passenger seat light is off:

Unsure if relevant but I believe this is a warning light and it comes on when I turn the ignition:

I took my car to a garage and they believe it is a fault with the SRS airbag module, this will cost me £200+ and it seems only a Peugeot mechanic can install it?

I just want to check if anybody on here has come across this fault before and if it sounds like its likely to be a fault with the airbag module before I spend a large amount of money repairing it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was checked the wires under the passenger seat and I noticed that when I unplugged and reconnected the yellow connector, the next time I turned the electrics on the passenger seat light would show up, but then if I turned the electrics off and back on it wouldn't. This happened every time I unplugged and reconnected that yellow connector. Not sure if this means anything?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Personally I think you have bad connections under the seat.
unplug it and re connect, turn ignition on so lights show, then wiggle the wires to see if fault appears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've given this a try and it doesn't seem to trigger any errors, I'm going to take it to another garage next week to see what they say, seems like its a tricky one to find!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Has the car got a switch to disable the passenger airbag ?
Does the fault show if you fasten the seatbelt without anyone in the seat ?

It's possible the airbag could be disabled or the switch is faulty and only shows up when the seatbelt is used.

I accidentally switched my passenger airbag off and got warnings all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts