Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just recently the airbag fault light has appeared on and stays on my car has never been in accident or endured any recent knocks any ideas why this has come on for no reason and will plug in and reset cure it or is there something else?
2001 307 1.6 petrol

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The 307 airbag system is pretty simple, fix the fault / faults & the airbag warning light will then go out after a successful pre start system check ( which happens every time ) when you turn the ignition on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plugged into ethos today regarding the airbag light being on as i checked the connections unplugged and plugged all the ones under the drivers seat but still no joy but ethos diagnostic gave me fault code P1802 relates to COM2000 the steering wheel end apparently also i will need this sorted for an mot when due any other ideas.

·
Registered
603 Posts
First, lower the door windows. Open the bonnet.
Let the car rest for 5 minutes, so that the BSI shuts down. Remove battery power.

Now, remove steering wheel horn. There should be some connections from the COM2000 to the steering wheel. Check that they're firmly plugged..

Remove the covers around the steering wheel axel (don't know proper name), so that you can see the connections from car to COM2000, again check that they're firm.

If that doesn't fix it, either the ABS is toast, or the COM2000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts