Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Bought an 307 last year and its mot is due so we have to get airbag light fixed, I took it to my local garage and they brought in someone to test it and was told it was a sensor in the comm unit and it was £240 plus fitting. One of my mates knew someone who might do it a bit cheaper, so he ordered a unit and fitted it for £225 but the airbag light is still on.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
106 Posts
airbag light is not a failure at the moment i dont think i have taken 5 cars over the last week for there mots and 3 had the engine magement light on and airbag light... and they just wacked it on advisorys but anyway....

where abouts do you live as really it needs hooking up to plannet TBH.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the AA site after April this year warning lights will result in a fail. I live in North Ayrshire, I was thinking of disconnecting the battery for 30min to see if that will reset it???

·
Registered
158 Posts
As john_h says, check the wires under the seats and also check the connectors. I had the same problem with the airbag light, the cause in my case turned out to be the driver's seat belt. By the way, it's a fail down here in Devon, the guy at the garage told me that the light has to come on, and then go out again.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi guys
Bought an 307 last year and its mot is due so we have to get airbag light fixed, I took it to my local garage and they brought in someone to test it and was told it was a sensor in the comm unit and it was £240 plus fitting. One of my mates knew someone who might do it a bit cheaper, so he ordered a unit and fitted it for £225 but the airbag light is still on.
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Sam
What was the specific fault that was in the airbag ecu?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not sure what the code was, as I said in my original post, it was my local garage that brought someone in to run the diagnostic and I got a phone call saying I need a new comm unit and it costs £240 plus fitting. I then went to someone else who could do it a bit cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts