Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Got a warning message come up and airbag light on dash.

Read that it could be the wires under the seat?

What am i looking for? Can i un attach and attach them again without fear or setting off the airbag? lol

If this does not work i guess i will have to take it to the garage to be plugged in, as i cant see anyone on the map in dorset with PP.

Cheers
Karl

·
Registered
870 Posts
i always undo a battery lead and wait 10 mins before messing with anything air bag related, think there are a few you tube vids you can look at, keyword 'peugeot air bag'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Thanks :)

Would a cheap OBD2 fault reader be good enough to read a airbag fault?

Thanks
Karl

·
Registered
870 Posts
doubt it, i have planet and foxwell abs/airbag reset tool, but cheap obd2 scanners wont have this.
Have you moved the seats forward/back at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Thanks for the reply.

Yes the seats do get moved about a bit.

I read it could be one of the connectors.

No one near me has PP.

Dont really want to take it to the garage as know i will get stung haha!

Cheers
Karl

·
Registered
870 Posts
from what i have seen on you tube its the underseat wires that need a wiggle mostly, but i would remove a battery lead and unplug test and clean.
also seems like you may need the right type of scanner to reset after.

May be worth investing in a decent updatable scanner, my first one paid for itself many times over, or peugeot planet/lexia if your sticking with peugeot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mate,

I have bought some contact cleaner spray and am going to disconnect the plugs under the seat and give them a clean.

My local garage quoted £30 to run diagnostics on it so i guess if this does not work i will have to take it to the garage.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts