Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, any advice welcome.
Have a peugoet 206cc 2005 year, car kept not starting. After months at the garage they ended up changing the BSI u it and alternator, so already spent loads of money. Within 4 days of being back with me the drive air bag fault light came on. Have had 2 diagnostics by separate mechanics, code P1081 ignitor open circuit. One played with the cables under seat but error message still coming up.
I feel it too coincidentally literally the first time I drive it.
Could it be linked to thr BSI unit being replaced/something tampered with/loose connection?
Phoned peugoet they said firstly they dont recognise the diagnostic message as not coming up on their system and secondly until they look and do there own diagnostic but if not linked to BSI unit then I will pay.

Any advice would be appreciated, could it be linked to the BSI unit and secondly how can I prove it if they do go onto find the fault? Any thoughts re; the code message too

Thankyou

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
'Open circuit' means a break in the electrical circuit. It could be a broken wire, a bad connection in a connector block or a faulty unit.

You need to get it checked with official peugeot software [ie PP2000/Diagbox] as this will normally identify which circuit is faulty, not just give you a generic error code.

There are folk on the forum with the software who are willing to help, just have a look on the map http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.