Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Airbag - Intermittent fault Configuration error

Hi all

I had my 206 scanned today with Planet and got the following fault on the airbag ecu. No other details available.

Intermittent fault. Configuration error.

Symptoms are that the airbag light will come on after a variable period of driving, sometimes a mile sometimes 20-30 miles.

Any ideas where I should start?

Regards

Jon

· Registered
186 Posts
Immediately down the road :(

Thanks very much for your help @David42

PS Do you have the ebay ref for your cable / PP2000?
for a manual I got one from here . its the same a Peugeot dealerships including service box which will tell you where and what your car has. aswell as part numbers 2004 PEUGEOT 206 SERVICE AND REPAIR MANUAL and for the Peugeot planet its one the same as this PP2000 Lexia 3 OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool Code Reader Diagbox For Peugeot Citroen | eBay

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all.

Just in case it helps anyone with the same or similar problem, I've got to the bottom of this.

"Configuration Error" occurs when the ECU detects something that is marked as "Absent" in the config but is detected as "Present" by the ECU.

In my case the 2nd level drivers airbag was marked as absent BUT the squib connection was intermittent and would sometimes connect the airbag, hence the intermittent configuration error.

The fault was as expected the squib in the Com2000. I'm going to be fitting a replacement as soon as I can get one.

Regards all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.