Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please let me know what is going on with my beloved 206CC.

I get up for work this morning, leaving the house at 5.10am to find that my little pug starts perfectly (as expected). I leave my car to open the gates, get back in to see the words "Airbag Faulty" on the little screen. I reversed my baby, closed the gates and then thought that I might turn off the car and re-start. Great in theory, but now car won't restart. Peugoet assist were great an offered to get a mechanic out from the local dealer (4000km away). I suggested that this option probably wouldn't get me to work in 20 mins and said I would call back.

The spare key wouldn't work either and the car won't lock or unlock using the buttons on the key. I can lock in manually though.

On my second call to peugoet assist I was told (not too politely) that peugeot can't be expected to have a dealership in every small town - this after I told them that a tow to the nearest dealership wasn't going to be that easy. Funnily enough I don't think of the largest city in Northern Australia (Darwin) classifies as a small town..... ok rant complete.

Please help. I expected that a warning would issue and then it would be on my own head whether I drove the vehicle. I didn't expect that the car would shut down rather than let me drive with a safety issue.

Cheers

Puggle

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:
I hate to say it but This sounds very much like a fault with the ecu.If you could get a local mechanic to actually check the airbags and tensioners that would be a good start.If you need a pug technician to do a diagnostic that could be pricey,it certainly is here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts