Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. The other day I spilt some coffee in the car and it seemed to go into the key lock for deactivating the passenger airbag, shortly afterwards I got the deactivated passenger message and airbag fault message come up and also the dash lights. Everything else worked as usual. The next day I had trouble unlocking the car and ended up going in through the boot and got the immobiliser fault come up, reset that and all ok again. I decided to take the deactivation lock out and sprayed it with electrical cleaner, also saw that underneath that is another electrical box labelled with pretensioner/ airbag but also a warning not to disconnect it because it might trigger.... Decided just to liberally douse it with electrical cleaner. Got in it this morning, was still showing the airbag faults but when I started the car I also had the dash headlight lamp flashing. The headlights were working but I couldn't turn them off and also the windscreen wipers wouldn't turn off, also the indicators wouldn't work and no main beam.. Drove to work and after 20 miles all faults cleared themselves and we're back to normal. My question is, does anyone know what is causing the deactivation/ airbag fault problem, and can I fix it, is it possible its in the box under the lock, and can it be removed safely to be cleaned and replaced??? HELP
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
The box under the lock is the airbag ecu. Chances are the electrical cleaner has dissolved any coffee that got to the wiring connector and resolved the issue. If you try to disconnect the ecu with the battery still connected there is a chance the ecu could send a trigger signal to one or more airbags or pretensioner. The ecu can be disconnected safely after the battery has been disconnected. The issue with the lights and wipers is usually down to a faulty comm2000 but if they have started working correctly it a good possibility that the coffee got to wiring going back to the BSI and caused the weird behaviour.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for that storeman, I'll try that. If you hear of a man blowing himself up by airbag in Plymouth don't blame yourself.. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts