Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 2003 307 2.0HDi 90 has thrown up 9 fault codes in the airbag system. I've been told this by the guys at a local garage who also say that many, but not all, relate to an ECU issue. I don't know what they used to read the faults but they have given me a list of them which I'm hoping one (or more!) of you guys may be able to describe in more detail for me. The codes are...

1A03

1A01

1A05

1A06

1A04

1A07

1A08

Also, what is likely to be the quickest and most cost effective way to fix? MOT expires early May...

Many thanks in advance,

James

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't mean anything. Get the car onto a proper peugeot diagnostic. Those codes are generic to the tester that was used.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for that David, it's left me a little disappointed though. The Pug has been into a Peugeot dealership where they read the codes but their interpretation was "We're 99% certain it's the ECU..."

I was a bit disappointed with the service I got there regarding some ABS sensor/brake work too, so I guess I'll have to try another dealership. Thanks for your input anyway...

James

·
Registered
171 Posts
Before you go back to a dealer check out the map of Peugeot Planet owning forum members here.

If there is one close to you then send them a PM and see if they can help.
The diagnostic software is the same as the dealers use but the cost is likely to be much less (a few beer tokens).

If you can't PM due to lack of forum posts there is a thread here which you can spam away in until you have made enough posts.

·
11,722 Posts
The Pug has been into a Peugeot dealership where they read the codes but their interpretation was "We're 99% certain it's the ECU..."
My Assistant is having the same issue with a local Pug dealer and the failing power steering on his 107. They seem to be throwing parts at the problem and letting him test it to see if the problem goes, which in my opinion is very unprofessional.

And they also don't seem to know about the ABS sensor gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm thinking of obtaining an ECU for the airbag system from a breaker/eBay and was wondering... how do I know if I'm buying the correct one for my car? I've looked at the one fitted to mine and can see a ten digit number. There's one on eBay with the same number BUT... when I use the 'compatibility checker' my variant isn't listed. Is there an easy way of knowing which specific ECU I need? Do I need to get one with the same number on it? And is it an easy DIY job for a novice who can change oil & filter, bulbs and very basic stuff... :eek:

Thanks in advance,

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts