Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hopefully someone might be able to solve this issue that has been driving me crazy for the last week :D

A few months ago, our 307 started intermittently showing an airbag fault, followed by "Passenger Airbag Deactivated" showing on the dash. Not long after this, the front and back screen wash & wipers would randomly go off while driving (very embarrassing!).

I've googled the faults, and this is what I've tried so far:

• Reseating the connections under the front seats
  • BSI reset
  • Praying
The car was in for MOT last week, and sure enough the guy found the airbag fault and failed me for it. The car is otherwise fine according to the report.

Any ideas? I'm hoping the two are linked, but my main priority is fixing the airbag fault so I can get it through MOT.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

·
5,884 Posts
Check the passenger disable key switch they can have issues a squirt or switch cleaner in the works can often fix

·
Registered
364 Posts
Resetting the BSI won't resolve the airbag problem, does it have connectors under the front seats as I thought later cars had the pretentioners in the seat belt reels, praying hasn't worked lately either for me. Airbag ECU needs to be read otherwise you may just end up tearing your hair out, sounds like the comms unit on the steering column as this would be common to all the faults except the passenger airbag, which as Windy says could be just the switch but car really needs to be put on diagnostics otherwise you could just waste your money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts