Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone that bothers reading this.

I had a minor crash today with my peugeot 406 :cursing: but i was "lucky"
I hit the side of the car into a rocky mountain side while driving, it only hit my wheels :confused: first the front wheel, then the back. the damage is fixable. The airbags in the driver and passenger side deployed and i have fault for defective airbag and crash sensor.

Am i able to change these parts, and then remove the faults using pp2000?

i am thinking of buying a scrap pug 406 for all the parts and maybe just changing the whole seat instead of just the airbag as it tore up the side of the seat.

Thanks for any answers. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can i put in the airbag ECU from a donor car? Where is the airbag ECU located?
And is the crash sensor inside the airbag unit?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
There is NO crash sensor the airbag ecu is all there is swap the airbag ecu and ALL the fired airbag/tensioners etc and thats it.

ECU is under gearstick/ashtray but your pic looks like a D8 model so you need a D8 doner

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, is there anything else i would need to replace other than the seats and airbag ECU under the gear lever?

i have read something about the seat belt pre-tensioners, is this in the seat itself? if so than it should be ok when i put in a new seat:confused:

and i have also read something about interchangeable units for lateral airbags, is this something i need to change aswell? 406 Airbag Ecu locations

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Problem is there are variants that have more airbag parts than others different countries have different specs etc so basically replace what you know is fired pretensioners can be on the seat stalk OR on the seatbelt reel all fired parts need replaced or you will still have an airbag light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your help guys, i was able to get both seats, airbag ECU, crash sensors and the trailing arm for 100€ all together.
I put everything back together a few days ago and it seems to be working well, i didn't even have to reset any faults with pp2000 after putting in the new airbag ECU.

On a side note, the new seats have heating in them, my old ones did not. I took the seat heat buttons from the donor car and everything seems to match with cables and such, but it does not seem to work.
Am in maybe missing a fuse since my car originally did not have seat heating?
Or is the control system for this not installed in my car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts