Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
izzy east said:
hi lads, got air in the fuel on my N reg 106 diesel,how do i get it out?

Hi and Welcome!

Most diesels have a hand pump at the top of the engine somewhere, so have a look for a rubber "bulb" and give it a prime when the engine is off. There is usually a clear plastic fuel line near to it so you can see the auir/fuel as you prime it.

How do you know you have air in the fuel, and, how did it get there?

D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what im wondering. i can see the bubbles in the clear fuel pipe. what it does is struggle to start and lacks power while driving and idles erractically. it has got new glow plugs so the starting is not down to that.

G

·
izzy east said:
thats what im wondering. i can see the bubbles in the clear fuel pipe. what it does is struggle to start and lacks power while driving and idles erractically. it has got new glow plugs so the starting is not down to that.

Hi

It can only get air in there if there is some union (joint) that is not airtght.

Have you checked that there are no visible leaks anywhere?

Have you replacedthe fuel filter receintly?

It is also worth checking that all hoses are intact with not splits hidden away.

Next, you could do with getting the car on a diagnostic machine and watch the data as well as get any codes pulled.

David

G

·
Code pulling on an N plate!?

Bit ambitious that is isnt it!? :lol: :lol:

But definately check all hoses for cracks/splits and check all jointing, after 13 years i would expect the hoses to be showing a bit of aging! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts