Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I really need some help with my car. It's been a long term problem and my garage and numerous auto-electricians can't seem to pinpoint the trouble.

Forgive for being vague, I'm no mechanic.

The problem is the air flow, it won't change position, I press the button to change it from footwell to dash or to windscreen and nothing happens. It's constantly blowing through the footwell (which is a nightmare when it's warm or I need the windscreen clearing). It can be operated manually, but not by the button (digital air con system).
I know there's an actuator operated by a motor but the garage says they've replaced both (so they say) but it still won't work.

Any ideas as I'm going out of my mind, my garage is miles away and I've been back and forth about 10 times getting them to fix this.

cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I've located the source of the problem. The little black heater flap control box isn't moving the white flap arm (left) the black control box vibrates, as if something is turning, but it isn't moving the white flap arm. Need to get the flap controller off and check it (need Torx drivers which I've just ordered) may need a new controller.
Fingers crossed.

photo (2).jpg

·
Registered
369 Posts
It probably isn't the motor it will be exactly like in the link I put up.
If you read it and do what it says it will fix it. If you want to have it done properly it will need a new heater box which at a rough guess will be at least £1500

1 - 9 of 9 Posts