Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

Joined the forum today so please be gentle.

I have a wheelchair adapted 2008 Expert Tipee 16 hdi with air suspension.

Last year the nearside rubber suspension bag blew off, it was replaced easily.

The offside one blew off yesterday and will be replaced tomorrow.

Questions

1 Is this a common fault
2 Is there anything I should be going to prevent this?

cheers Mike

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hello Mike welcome to the forums, your question is a little different than I have read here so not sure how many replies you will get.

On HGV air suspension bags are not regular failing parts, the biggest issue was splits in the fabric not sure of this but suspect the axle was overloaded and a little like a balloon burst.

You mention wheel chair adaption is this the type with a lift for entry exit or does the vehicle drop air pressure so it drops for you. I am just wondering if it's a tail lift if the weight of the chair and the occupant perhaps with leverage makes the rear end over heavy. If that is the case I would have thought the supplier who did the modification should have an idea.

If you have the car in the motobility supply of vehicle are you getting the repairs free as part of your contract.

Hope someone else can help a little more as I never even knew any Peugeots had air suspension

Allan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi Mike
I think the manufacture is the best bet as Allan said.
I would assume that they replaced the rear spring with a custom made bracket to hold the airbag, perhaps it is making contact going over bumps.

I wonder if there is an electric air compressor or if it is mounted to the axillary belt. Sometimes valves go bad and over or under pressurize the bags which lead to premature failure.

Hope this Helps

Thomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts