Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the cylinder head gasket done on my 406, the car came out of the garage and when i collected it the engine was hot and it had been ticking over for 30 mins or so, it drove home ok.
the next day the car went into limp home mode and the mechanic tells me the air mass meter has gone.

q. could he have broke this while removing/replading the cylinder head or is it more klikely just bad timing and coincidence?

cheers

·
Registered
862 Posts
flyer5 said:
I just had the cylinder head gasket done on my 406, the car came out of the garage and when i collected it the engine was hot and it had been ticking over for 30 mins or so, it drove home ok.
the next day the car went into limp home mode and the mechanic tells me the air mass meter has gone.

q. could he have broke this while removing/replading the cylinder head or is it more klikely just bad timing and coincidence?

cheers
It is possible he could have broken it.proving that he did is another matter. Have you used this mechanic before? Do you think he would break it and keep quiet about it? New air mass meter (Eurocarparts £35 + vat) its not a big job do it yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts