Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
The Air intake pipe in my dad's car is missing - it must have been missing for a while now - the mechanic realized this after we were checking faults on pp2000 showing the following "intermittent fault - adaptation of the quantity of air entering the manifold'. The mechanic asked us to put some sort of filter over the intake hole at the bottom of the air-filter box which we have done (fixed a stainless-steel filter on it with screws) but the problem didn't go away. We can't find the part for now (ref 14140 10):Peugeot (ssg.asia) see part 6.

My question: is this part vital to the air filter system. Should we find one and fix it? The car has no symptoms really so we can't really tell what's going on, it is possible it is affecting performance, but we can't tell ...

Any ideas/suggestions please

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The box is the filter but the air is not being fed from the filter to the engine due to the pipe being missing. Its the pipe you need. Any flexible pipe will do with the correct size diameter.
The intake filter air horse is in place though: Peugeot (ssg.asia) see part 4. My understanding is that air is being fed into the filter box without going through the air intake pipe first.

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wonder if this is the same thing
My ref is 1440 10, this looks like the other counter part 1440 87, part number 4 here:Peugeot (ssg.asia)

· Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,673 Posts
The thing you will learn about part numbers is they are specific to the vehicle. That does not mean they were not used again and again on other vehicles (even different manufacture) with different numbers. And that one looks like a match to me, maybe worth the dice roll, if the intake hole sizes match.

So, assuming you want to find a part that will work. Stop thinking like Peugeot store stockist and saying well the computer said it is this number, and start looking at the length, hole sizes, shape and what else has been used on other vehicles, and can you use that ?

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK sorry I got the reference wrong from the diagram. But you say it has been missing for a while. Does that coincide with when the defect occured?
It is hard to tell, but the fault has been there as from day one - the day I first scanned the car with Planet 2000. Does the intake pipe contain any kind of filter in it? Or is the intake just a pipe that forces air into the filter box to flow in a certain controlled way if you see what I mean.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PCV most likely thing if petrol and diesel it's a CCV.

Both of which means the MAF / MAS, and therefor the ECU, can't measure the air in the system correctly.
Yes this relates to the fault description as well that I got on Planet Peugeot 2000 (poor calibration of air intake). I keep looking for the part ....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts