Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in decision what to get for my 1.4 8v peugeot 206... panel filter or induction kit??

performance? sound?? any advice appreciated

tommyd206 :thumb:

G

·
Neither is really going to make much difference to that engine.

Maybe fit the panel filter as it goes for big distances before it requires cleaning, but don't think that either will make the little TU in the 206 work any harder I'm afraid.

G

·
Induction kits buy you more engine (induction roar) noise and hopefully more power/torque, but you really need to ensure that its being fed cold air from outside of the engine compartment or you will end up with less power than you started with.

D

·
Registered
34 Posts
if your lookin for an induction kit try a pipercross from ebay, cost around 70+ but sounds epic! i got one on my 306. soon as i hit that pedal it growls like two male lions avin a scrap over a female. :D wonderfull!:nod:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rrrooooaaaaaaarrrrrr!!!!!!

I love it, have had a green stuff filter boxed knocking around the garage for years since my brief sentence with a fiesta 1.6 Zetec. Fitted to the pug couple of days ago, Sound is awsome. Any one know if there is a manufactured stainless pipe out there to go from the back of the engine bay where the filter pipe goes into the back of the engine to the filter or is this an expensive trip to my local stainless fabricator? Next question is in regards to the cold air feed if I was to butcher the bottom part of the air box and or remove and replace with a bigger one am I likely to come across problems? do I Need any more cold air feed with the filter sittng in the bottom 1/2 of the standard air box?

G

·
Look on Demon Tw4ts website - they do alloy and silcone induction pipework in a plethora of sizes.

I wouldn't go nuts trying to sort out additional cold air feeds and the like - OBDII protocol engine management systems won't infinitely richen the fuel mixture to compensate for a greater volume of air beyond that which was programmed in with the original map to suit the original airbox. It's not unheard of (albeit rare) for engines to suffer top end damage from the prolonged lean running that this can cause. S'not like t'old days where the K & L/LE Jetronic and Motronic management would slap in lashings of extra fuel when you whacked on a filter.

Sort out a nice (proper, not a Lax Mower job) exhaust, slap in your air feeds and get it along for a proper live remap, otherwise don't expect anything except to not have to replace the filter as regularly as a paper one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
why not try putting sum bonnet vents in. And i dont mean the ones you just stick on. get yourself an aluminium grinder blade, tape off the area and go slow!!! :thumb:

i'll be doing the same as soon as this chuffin weather clears up :nod:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.