Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, anyone know how to bleed the air line on a 407 diesel 1.6 54 plate??
I keep getting the message "air in fuel line", then it goes into limp mode.
I have cleared the code but it has happened again so i need to know how to bleed the air from the fuel to stop it happening again.

J

·
0 Posts
Not 100% on the 1.6, but on the 2.0 there is a bleed nipple/screw on top of the diesel filter. Open slightly, and the air will come out.

D

·
0 Posts
This is a self bleed system. Just prime the bulb under the style cover on top of the engine. It really shouldn't need bleeding. I'd say you have some other problem causing it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, did as advised from earlier post. No fuel present in filter, now in economy mode, won't start at all. Been priming but no luck.
Please help...::confused:

J

·
0 Posts
Is the priming bulb hard, or still very soft? If hard, then the diesel is there, if not, there must be a blockage somewhere between the tank and the priming bulb. This could explain why you have air in the system.

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks, did as advised from earlier post. No fuel present in filter, now in economy mode, won't start at all. Been priming but no luck.
Please help...::confused:
Not to be smart but have you checked it for diesel. Is the gauge reading maybe quarter full?
Could be actually empty! I've had a few with this problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Priming bulb is soft but when pumped it does start to fill with fuel very slightly but no fuel in fuel filter. Do i need to fill the fuel filter with fuel??
Windows won't close while in economy mode?? any ideas, thank you.:confused:
Tank is over half full, but thanks.
Car was running but coming up with fault "air in fuel rail". Tried to bleed at top of fuel filter as advised but now won't start at all.

D

·
0 Posts
Priming bulb is soft but when pumped it does start to fill with fuel very slightly but no fuel in fuel filter. Do i need to fill the fuel filter with fuel??
Windows won't close while in economy mode?? any ideas, thank you.:confused:
Tank is over half full, but thanks.
Car was running but coming up with fault "air in fuel rail". Tried to bleed as advised but now won't start at all.
It needs to go on the computer. Check fuel pressure on cranking.
When was the last time the fuel filter was changed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure when the fuel filter was last changed. I have had the car just a couple of months and have one problem on top of another.
Should i change the fuel filter do you think? thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
If the priming bulb isn't going hard, and isn't filling the filter body with diesel, then there is a supply issue. When I changed my filter, a couple of pumps and the filter body was full and the bulb was solid. I don't think changing the filter will help get around this initial problem, as even with a clogged filter, you should still get fuel to the body and the bulb go hard.

If the 407 is anything like my 306 was, there was a filter, albeit very coarse mesh, actually in the tank - wonder if yours has crap blocking it?

J

·
0 Posts
Not sure what controls the Economy Mode. If its the BSI, then there is a procedure to reset it, which may help to get the window working again, but I haven't a clue how to do it I'm afraid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's ok i appreciate you taking the time to reply. If i ever get to the bottom of this cars problems i will be sure to post...:D

D

·
0 Posts
Not sure what controls the Economy Mode. If its the BSI, then there is a procedure to reset it, which may help to get the window working again, but I haven't a clue how to do it I'm afraid.
Economy mode can be turned off in the BSI via planet.

J

·
0 Posts
Thats a permanent 'switch off', all that is required here is a 'one-time' switch off to enable them to close the window :thumb:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys, thanks so how do i get this done? sorry but we are not mechanically minded here, well out of our depth. Need to find a Pug tech tomorrow in Birmingham :confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts