Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
307 diesel 2lt 90bhp

Hi been having hard starts on first thing when cold...thinking it maybe the glow plugs i changed them and relay..also fuel filter...still having the same problem...quite a few turns of key and white smoke then she goes and fine all day..cant think what else could be causin it..except maybe air in fuel...could any of the sensors make it hard to start...ie...AFM....coolant sensor??

My Fuel filter is the semens type...and in the haynes manual doesnt say much abour bleedin the system...except if there a leak to the fuel pump....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fallenhero said:
307 diesel 2lt 90bhp

Hi been having hard starts on first thing when cold...thinking it maybe the glow plugs i changed them and relay..also fuel filter...still having the same problem...quite a few turns of key and white smoke then she goes and fine all day..cant think what else could be causin it..except maybe air in fuel...could any of the sensors make it hard to start...ie...AFM....coolant sensor??

My Fuel filter is the semens type...and in the haynes manual doesnt say much abour bleedin the system...except if there a leak to the fuel pump....
fuel is self bleeding so it wont be any air in it.it could be coolant temp sensor which is underneath the maf sensor right down green plug.or maf sensor could need cleaning.and the expencive part is it could be the high pressure fuel pump on its way out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi again i have the autodata discs.just tryed in line of what it said in there. done glow plugs testered the relay.injectors,then came to the coolant sensor.£12 something from eurocarparts,i have a code reader but it never showed up anything,i did it my self it only took me 15 mins from start to finish.just take the battery out (three minute rule before disconecting it) then you will see a green plug in the side of the engine. if you look round were it goes you will see a c clip that holds it in. get the other 1 ready to fit as ther will be cooling fluid comes out.then to remove just pull the c clip till it releses it and it will pull out and prise the other 1 in make sure the new rubber ring is on.i used a screw driver with a long reach socket over the sensor and pushed the screw driver in between the battry tray and the socket .then push back in the c clip.done.then start it up and let it tick over with the expansion cap off untill the air bubbles stop spitting in the tank and keep toping it up.

hope you understand this it is very easy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
you just check them with a multi meter quite easy.see how it goes and let me no about sensor.to test the injecters unplug it and put the meter on the pins and if they ok it should read between 0,2-0,4 ohms,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts