Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
discovered I have air bubbles in the fuel line from the filter to the pump :( The engine was serviced by Pug Main Dealer some 8000 miles ago and supposedly had a filter change. I had assumed the rubber seal in the 'lid' of the filter was leaking air into the system, so replaced the filter and seal (the removed filter was black with crude, so probably wasn't changed at service :mad: ) NO GLITTER so pump seems OK. However, although engine now sounds better......there is still air present in the outlet pipe from the filter (as before) The supply pipe to the filter is 'air-less' .....so the air must be getting in either through the filter 'body' (cannot see any diesel leaks) or through the 'quick connector' connection (the fuel pipe) again no signs of diesel leakage.

Please, is this a common problem and am I looking at the 'right' suspect componants. Thanks for any help

Kind Regards David

S

·
0 Posts
Dont worry about it, its very common!

Its normally the quick connector things, but they only draw air in and dont leak diesel

Quite a few people on here have it (including me) doesnt cause any adverse effects!

:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
As Stubbo says, normal.... mine too does it, but I too were like you when first discovering it :nod:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies.....appreciated :thumb:.

There is more to the story. Read fault codes a few days ago.....cured two with a crank sensor. The 3rd is a little more worrying .....P1198.....low pressure from the pump, but symptoms are not right, engine starts fine ....even when left for days, ticks over smoothly and only when the engine's under 'load' does it go into 'limp' mode. Saw the air in the fuel line and assumed this was giving the 'low' pressure, but after fitting new seal/filter the air was still there (although it is less than before) The car has only been 'up the road' since and didn't go into limp mode....fingers crossed the dirty filter was restricting flow and the P1198 fault may be cured. A blast down the motorway should be the true test though ....will let you know how I get on.

All the best
David

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah keep us posted, i'd point finger at blocked filter as well myself! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that the problem is solved :nod::thumb::cool:

Motorway driving, town driving no faults....no limp home mode.

So the P1198 Permanent fault can be as simple as a cruddy fuel filter ....and to think that Peugeot had serviced it 8000 miles ago and had not changed the filter (and had charged me for the privilage that caused the running problems..... :mad:)

Hopefully this finding may help others to diagnose the P1198 error code ....but only if there is no 'glitter' in the old filter (pump disintergration).

Kind Regards David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts