Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Hi all, got a bit of a head scratcher so thought I'd ask if anyone's encountered any issues with theirs? I'm getting air in my fuel system on my 307 2.0 HDI 90 (2003). I've replaced the leak-off lines and the injector jumper pipe for injector 2 (this was the only damp one of the 4).

It appears the air is getting in 'pre fuel pump' as I can see the bubbles in the fuel supply pipe from the fuel filter.

It's also worth noting I have just replaced the fuel filter during a service yesterday (this problem existed before though) so I'm sure I've not fitted it incorrectly.

Is it likely to be the prime pump? (The squidgy black hand prime pump)?

Any ideas would be greatly received before I plough in with new parts everywhere!

Cheers!

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also a common one is the fuel pressure sensor.
mine the copper seal was had it!
Thanks. I think i'm going to replace the hand prime pump as it's relatively straight forward and looks past it.

Any ideas where the fuel pressure sensor it located please?

I don't think it's related to the air filter housing as the fuel lines are on the opposite side of the engine but i will check for chafing.:thumb:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Thanks. I think i'm going to replace the hand prime pump as it's relatively straight forward and looks past it.

Any ideas where the fuel pressure sensor it located please?

I don't think it's related to the air filter housing as the fuel lines are on the opposite side of the engine but i will check for chafing.:thumb:
Follow the injector pipes to the fuel rail and the sensor is on one end, normally right side.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow the injector pipes to the fuel rail and the sensor is on one end, normally right side.
Cheers.

Will have a look. The only query i have it that the air is getting in before the fuel pump and therefore before the injector rail.....

Nevertheless i will have a butchers!#

Much appreciated!:)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Don't want to be harsh - but you may be barking up the wrong tree. Same engine in my car - I could see air bubbles in clear fuel supply pipe - garage said it was normal. I was convinced I had and air leak - I didn't. Turned out to be a fooked crank sensor. The car has now run trouble free for £60k (unusual for a 307) and there are still air bubble in the fuel line.

You don't say what the problem is bud - let us know - and we may well point you in a different direction.:thumb:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't want to be harsh - but you may be barking up the wrong tree. Same engine in my car - I could see air bubbles in clear fuel supply pipe - garage said it was normal. I was convinced I had and air leak - I didn't. Turned out to be a fooked crank sensor. The car has now run trouble free for £60k (unusual for a 307) and there are still air bubble in the fuel line.

You don't say what the problem is bud - let us know - and we may well point you in a different direction.:thumb:
Hi,

Air in the fuel system causing an uneven idle and occaisional misfire when driving.

Not critical, just annoying. I have ordered a replacement fuel filter housing too as when i had a look at it yesterday i could see bubbles coming out of the filter housing, but not going in....

Possibly a hairline crack somewhere in the filter housing??

Fairly sure bubbles in the fuel is not normal & not meant to be apparent... Especially before the fuel pump... (the engineers where i work agree with this too)

Appreciate the comments though..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Its apparently quiet common.
I had this for a good while and it did not cause many problems.
It got changed at a mechanics and I don't know how but they managed to stuff that up and there was a lot more air going from the fuel filter to the fuel pump.
This did cause running problems so I changed the filter again (well, the seal to be more specific) and now there is no air present in the fuel line to the fuel pump.

It did have air bubbles getting in from when I first got it and it doesn't seem to cause any issues unless there is a fair bit getting in however I do not think you should have air in the fuel line 'as standard'.

-Jvr

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all,

Just thought I'd update you. Got the problem sorted!

It appears that the replacement fuel filter housing sorted the air leak.

Getting no bubbles and it's driving much better.

Thanks for your comments! Much appreciated!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts