Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 1996 Peugeot Boxer 2.5TD motorhome. I am currently away on holiday in France and today the Air Filter blocked warning light came on the dash.

The van is running fine, no lack of power, smoke or excess fuel usage.

I am parked up now and have removed the air filter and it seems ok, removed the intake hose and poked a coat hanger down it until it came through into the filter housing, no blockage. I have poked it down the inlet bit that is bolted to the body above the radiator but thats as far as I have got. There are two bolts holding the inlet onto the van body above the radiator and I have not dared to remove those in case there are nuts on them and I cannot get it back on.

I am not very mechanical I am afraid. The book says if this light comes on then to contact a Peugeot dealer. I drove the van for 14 miles after it came on no bother.

Could it just be a dodgy light, sensor? I could of course just call out the AA and let them deal with it but just wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

The only other thing is over the past few days the temprature gauge has been lower than normal. This could be because its got cooler and we are in flatter territory but I dont think so.

Any advice appreciated thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it is an air filter light and not a fuel filter light as I have never seen a air filter light before !
Thanks for the reply

No in the manual it definately says "Blocked air filter (Diesel)"

I found the reset button and pressed it and its gone off now. :lol:

Must have come on for a reason though.

We do occasionally have trouble with the fuel filter which is usually apparent by the van missing. We do end up in a lot of dusty places so its replaced regularly but I cannot find anything wrong with the air intake.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Not sure how it would sense a blocked air filter might be airflow readings but with age of van it may not even have an airflow meter unit !!

If you think the filter is clean enough and its not affecting running then I recon you are ok to keep going it may just be electrical gremlins :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again.

The connections into the little box on the bottom of the filter housing where the red reset button is do look a little frail. Presumably now I have reset it if there is an issue it will come on again.

Very odd.

As said everything is running ok. We have about 800 miles to do over 3 weeks before we return home. Nothing demanding though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you will be fine at least the roads over there are a bit quieter than here so not so much strain on the van to perform :)
Thanks for that. The hard stuff is behind us. We have been away since July and spent 5 weeks in the Pyrenees climbing 14 Cols, frequently up to over 7000ft. Poor van needs a break! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts