Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lads just changed my air filter and this was the condition of old air filter...

Any experts who can comment whether i should be worried about the oil ? The air filter box had bit of oil on the top section as well...just needed a wipe though not dripping or anything like that...

1.4 16V petrol..

Fitted the mahle original one...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How old is the filter?

Oil "vapour" does condense in and around the intake - you'll probably see a bit of mucky oil around the manifold opening, so you may occasionally find oil on the filter if it's an old filter.
Two years old...yes there was mucky oil at manifold opening....i have been not loosing or burning oil anywhere. .

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Compared with some I've changed I'd consider that filter to be in a clean condition. No real experience of petrols but engines these days seem to have a breather that feeds from the rocker cover into the intake plunbing and if there is a turbo involved there always seems to be a small anount of oils getting into the intake so it's kind of inevitable that there will be signs of oil. If I pulled that filter out of my car I wouldn't be worrying too much. If it was totally soaked in oil - well that would be a cause for convern.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Compared with some I've changed I'd consider that filter to be in a clean condition. No real experience of petrols but engines these days seem to have a breather that feeds from the rocker cover into the intake plunbing and if there is a turbo involved there always seems to be a small anount of oils getting into the intake so it's kind of inevitable that there will be signs of oil. If I pulled that filter out of my car I wouldn't be worrying too much. If it was totally soaked in oil - well that would be a cause for convern.
Thanks....the bottom casing of the filter box was fully dry....just the top had some oil(just a coat)...along with filter top...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts