Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wonder if someone would be kind enough to give me a quick, basic explanation of how the air moves through the pictured filter box (from a 2004 307 HDI 1.6).

Am I right in thinking there is only one intake (the pipe on the left indicated with blue arrow) and only one outlet (in the top, not present in this pic)? Air comes in, moves upwards through filter, then passes out of the box roughly where the orange circle is then heads off to the engine via the turbo?
filterdiag.jpg

(EDIT)

unidentified01.jpg

If anyone could help me identify the component above and hazard a guess as to the cause of the white-ish marks, that would be great too.

(All of this relates to a rejected insurance claim that I'm attempting to make sense of)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That's very helpful.

I'd also be interested to hear thoughts on this test report - "code 0215, intermittent fault, injection system supply relay circuit, short circuit to positive" - if anyone has any. What situations or types of damage might generate a code like this in a 307 HDI estate?
testreport2.jpg

Any chance this could be a consequence of water ingress?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've read of instances where water ingress on the wiring loom can result in this error code. I would check the wiring that runs under the air filter box to the ecu.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Interesting. Thanks.

The insurance company are adamant that there are no signs of water ingress in my vehicle when I know for a fact that a dip in an unexpectedly deep puddle caused my engine problems. This (and what looks suspiciously like a dirty water stain in the bottom of the filter box) raises the possibility that they may have overlooked some things.

filterboxstain2.jpg

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
I bought a 306 cabriolet from insurance salvage company last week mint condition 67k miles with history Cat C due to water damage and engine is stuck solid so obviously through a puddle like yourself

BUT there is no obvious sign of what is wrong engine looks perfect I even asked a few people to look at it and tell me why it was a write off nobody could see what was wrong :)

Paperwork says it has suffered severe water damage and obviously it now needs an engine but there is nothing there to show what happened !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the following info for code P0215

Engine Shutoff Solenoid Malfunction
Is it possible that the garage have somehow misread this fault then? The text at the top of the test result sheet looks like it fits my vehicle, 307, diesel... Not sure why it would say 'automatic gearbox'. though. Mine's a manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I bought a 306 cabriolet from insurance salvage company last week mint condition 67k miles with history Cat C due to water damage and engine is stuck solid so obviously through a puddle like yourself
I kinda wish my engine had locked-up (If it had I might not have had so much trouble with the claim). 'All' that happened in my case was that it lost a lot of power and the turbo became noisy. The main dealer/insurer claim not to have found any signs of water ingress (something I intend to dispute) but they did discover "excessive movement in the (turbo) impeller shaft" and compression down in one cylinder...

Cylinder 1 - 23 bar
Cylinder 2 - 15 bar
Cylinder 3 - 24 bar
Cylinder 4 - 23 bar

They argue the turbo issue and the low compression are down to 'natural wear' rather than any water damage, which makes no sense to me as, performance-wise, there were no issues whatsoever prior to the incident, and the turbo sounded fine. Car is relatively low mileage too (68k miles).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts