Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you guys out there who have tried to replace the air filter but cant seem to be able to get to it. Here's how you do it. You remove the scuttle panel, only 2 bolts one a side needed. Remove the insulation, then remove the plastic surround, don't worry about the wiper assembly, there are breaks in the plastic where it can be easily slid off. This gives you plenty of room now, and you then remove a couple of bolts and then you can lift off the cover. Easy sorted and quickly done.I would recomend getting a K&N panel filter well worth the money better mpg and last for ever for only £30 of flee bay

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I take it this is not the 307 hdi - I changed my air filter a couple of weeks ago - it involved 2 screws holding the top of the filter box on.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The 1.6 HDI filter is a pig to change ! I slackened the scuttle and took airpipes and Mass air flow sensor off to get to mine. Wasnt mega hard but not exactly easy either lost a bit of skin in the process !!

·
Registered
176 Posts
The 1.6 HDI filter is a pig to change ! I slackened the scuttle and took airpipes and Mass air flow sensor off to get to mine. Wasnt mega hard but not exactly easy either lost a bit of skin in the process !!

You mean the following.

Video showing how to replace filters

The video is in a few posts on the forum

·
Registered
36 Posts
lol. the guy is from romania :)

if anyone needs to know what he is saying, let me know, I can translate it for you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Air filter behind the engine? Damn, surely that'll be the hottest place possible.

One thing I've noticed since I've had French cars, the bloody French, what are they thinking with some of their design ideas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hiya can someone help please, we have had the air filter off on our Peugeot 307 and we can't find where the small pipe underneath goes can someone help please

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Thank you new to this how do I do that
Click on Forum in the links bar just below the header banner
Scroll down and find the 307 forum or the forum for your car if it isn't a 307
Click on the link
Near the top of the page on the left you'll see a 'New Thread' button. Click the button and fill in the details on the form that comes up next.

When finished find the button labelled 'Submit New Thread' and Bob's yer Uncle

·
Registered
13 Posts
air filter change problem

Hi all,

Done my change, for extra space I've removed the window wipers and after that the plastic board from under them. However, the extra space didn't help coz I've managed to drop one of the bolts which hold the air filter box together (the one behind the fuel filter). Also I've noticed that the bottom screw from the air flow sensor unit does't 'grip' properly (think the thread is gone). Are this two things going to be a problem? Do you know if i can find a replacement for the damn bolt I've dropped or I need to buy the whole box?
Thanks guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts