Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.
The car had a service today and I've had an advisory on the air doser. (oil leaking from it) They want £291.06 to sort it.
Found one on ebay for £65.00 Not necessarily the one i'm going to buy but it give me options.eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Anyway my question is, is it easy to fit?
It looks fairly straight forward but any help/info/comments greatly appreciated.

Dave.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesnt look too problematic
That's what i'm hoping for.:lol:
Found one on eurocarparts after much faffing about for £124.80 no picture though.....hope it's the right part. They've got a branch near me, so might have a trip down there.

Also after a bit of research, i've read that oil can pass through the turbo seals and cause this problem.

J

·
0 Posts
Always get a little oil pass through... intercooler always has a film of oil inside, so makes sense that the air doser will too :nod:

D

·
0 Posts
There is info on this problem. The dosier valve is to be removed and sealed around its edge. This cures the problem.
The valve is NOT to be replaced. :nono:
The new one will probably leak also! :nod:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always get a little oil pass through... intercooler always has a film of oil inside, so makes sense that the air doser will too :nod:
That's what I'd read/heard.
I have no objection to buying a new part, as long as it cures the problem, however if this could happen again with a new part then I'd rather save myself the money.
It's not like oil is pouring out everywhere, infact it's not used any oil in the last 15 months.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is info on this problem. The dosier valve is to be removed and sealed around its edge. This cures the problem.
The valve is NOT to be replaced. :nono:
The new one will probably leak also! :nod:
The guy at peugeot told me it could be sealed but it doesn't always work and I'd be better off with a new part.
Do you have the info so I could print out and show them?

J

·
0 Posts
If there is info on it, the guy at your Peugeot has it, but chosen not to follow it 100% :nod:

D

·
0 Posts
The guy at peugeot told me it could be sealed but it doesn't always work and I'd be better off with a new part.
Do you have the info so I could print out and show them?
It does work.
Was this coming from the guy that was selling a new part for x price?
I rest my case.

Cannot give you the info. Trust me its there.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does work.
Was this coming from the guy that was selling a new part for x price?
I rest my case.

Cannot give you the info. Trust me its there.
Yes it was. I'll take a trip back to the garage tomorrow and have a word.

Thanks for the replies and info everyone.:thumb:

davidireland, do you have any idea how much this work might cost me?

D

·
0 Posts
I don't know, half hour to an hours labour plus black sealer?
Dependent on dealer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found an independent garage who specialize in peugeot/citroens.

Had a quote from them to have the air doser sealed.

£50 plus vat.

Good result I think.:D

·
12,095 Posts
I just thought I'd add to this thread, seeing as how I've just seen DGH!

I went to look at a 307 1.6 110 with the same engine in Preston last month, and that had an air doser problem - oil was present on top of the alternator, oil cooler and pipes.

The garage had replaced the doser (£190 from Peugeot).

The old doser had been attempted to be repaired and re-sealed but it hadn't worked.

I don't think this is a common issue (after all its the same engine as the 407), it took a bit of searching to find a small handful of reports, and most of them relate to damage to other components (starter motor and alternator) due to oil ingress.

A post on a generic TDI forum from a 406 owner with the same problem was told its a common fault on remapped 406's because of higher intake pressures.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Also, if you wanted to save a bit of money by taking it off in preparation to be sealed then it's actually a really simple job, 3 long 10mm bolts, and then the jubilee clips for the pipes, and that is it!

From memory there is a bolt on the top, side and front, it's basically mated to an aluminum bracket which is bolted to the head.

Phil

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An update

Evening all.
Just thought I'd give a little update to my air doser problem.

A new air doser bought and fitted, and all seems to be well.......just jinxed myself there haven't I. :lol:

Anyway, the old one didn't look too healthy. :nono:

D

·
0 Posts
Evening all.
Just thought I'd give a little update to my air doser problem.

A new air doser bought and fitted, and all seems to be well.......just jinxed myself there haven't I. :lol:

Anyway, the old one didn't look too healthy. :nono:
Why didn't you just seal it. Sealing around the outer edge is an official Peugeot repair of the leak!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
David, I hope you don't think I was disregarding your input, it was much appreciated, however my local peugeot garage and an independent I had found were not interested in sealing the doser.
Also with the doser being broken on the bottom (see picture) I thought I'd be better off with a new part.
I hope I can still call on your advice in the future.

D

·
0 Posts
David, I hope you don't think I was disregarding your input, it was much appreciated, however my local peugeot garage and an independent I had found were not interested in sealing the doser.
Also with the doser being broken on the bottom (see picture) I thought I'd be better off with a new part.
I hope I can still call on your advice in the future.
No problem. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 20 of 29 Posts