Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have a 2008 207cc which has just had it's 24,000 miles service. The garage found it had an oil leak from the air doser (oil all over the top of the engine). The dealer contacted Peugeot who told them this wasn't covered under the car's warranty. The dealer has given me Peugeot's contact number as they are getting nowhere with them and do not understand why it isn't covered under warrenty. Before I contact Peugeot, can anyone help me understand what the air doser does, is it a "consumable" like tyres etc, or does anyone know if there is a good reason for it not to be covered under warranty? Many thanks :) Forgot to say - it's the diesel Hdi

G

·
they're talking bollarks. It's a mechanical item and is not programmed for replacement at any set or recommended interval. They do fail, though it's not hugely common, but it is not unreasonable to expect one to last the life of the car, as indeed most of them do.

If PSA HQ don't play ball (they're crap in my experience, and likely won't) involve trading standards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chopper1192 Just to let you know that I managed to get the air doser replaced under warranty after much wrangling so thank you for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts