Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with my bonnet open and the ignition on (but not running) there's a constant buzzing coming from my air doser (1.6 hdi) all the time. Is this normal? It's from the two flaps that control the airflow from the turbo to the air manifold, and from the intercooler to the air manifold.

They also stay running for 10-20s after I remove the key, which I assume is normal (?), maybe they're closing, going back to default positions or draining residual power,, but I don't see why they'd be running all the time when the ignition is on. I mean if they ran for a few seconds, to get into position for a startup I'd say fair enough, but it seems wasteful for them to be running always.

Anyone got a rational explanation? Car is running fine except it's a bit smokey when cold, and an abs/esp issue.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds similar to the 307sw 1.6hdi we use(d) at work
Yea, they're fairly similar for the most part I'd say. So you reckon it's normal for them to run all the time so then? I know when the doser is taken apart, that one is always open and one is always closed. so I assume when the ignition is turned on that maybe it keeps both of them partially open?

·
Registered
648 Posts
This is normal. All the 1.6HDi's I've worked on that have an intercooler have this noise. The manifold one will be open and the intercooler one closed until required.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is normal. All the 1.6HDi's I've worked on that have an intercooler have this noise. The manifold one will be open and the intercooler one closed until required.
Nice one, good to know. It's quite annoying when you're trying to diagnose the car with the key on, and there's this high pitched bbbzzzzzzz constantly going on! I was trying to listen to ABS solenoids clicking the other day and I ended up unplugging the air doser connections just so that I could hear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts